Re-review: Follies, National Theatre


"Darling, shall we dance?"

Not too much more to say about Follies that I didn't cover last time, suffice to say it's just such a luxuriously fantastic show and I think I could watch it over and over! The head-dresses! Everything Janie Dee does! The orchestra! How no-one seems to be falling down that staircase! The staging! The shade of mint green in Loveland! The Staunton's icy bitterness in 'Losing My Mind'! The amount that Josephine Barstow has now made me cry, twice! The Quast! Just get booking now, while you still can.

Running time: 2 hours 20 minutes (without interval)
Booking until 3rd January, best availability from 6th November

Follies will be broadcast by NT Live to cinemas in the UK and internationally on Thursday 16 November.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,