Nominations for 2017 Oliviers - Best Actor/Best Actress in a Musical

Best Actor in a Musical


David Fynn - School of Rock
Tyrone Huntley - Jesus Christ Superstar
Andy Karl - Groundhog Day
Charlie Stemp - Half A Sixpence

Stemp has the fairytale narrative, Huntley has the (deserving) bona fide chops but I suspect Karl has this in the bag, even if the show's charms eluded me.

Should win
: Tyrone Huntley
Will win: Andy Karl

Best Actress in a Musical


Debbie Chazen, Sophie-Louise Dann, Michele Dotrice, Claire Machin, Claire Moore and Joanna Riding - The Girls
Glenn Close - Sunset Boulevard
Amber Riley - Dreamgirls
Sheridan Smith - Funny Girl

The multiple nomination for the The Girls is a little odd, I wouldn't have considered it a full ensemble like that, but there's no mistaking the powerhouse that is Amber Riley. I am telling you...I think she might well win.

Should win
: Amber Riley
Will win: Amber Riley

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,