When you FaceTime your friends from 🇬🇧 because they're practicing their SONG FOR THE SUPERBOWL (WHAT?!) pic.twitter.com/2rKARtaUW6— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) January 27, 2017
The cast for a profoundly affectionate, passionate devotion to someone (-noun), written and directed by debbie tucker green, has been announced as the estimable Gary Beadle, Gershwyn Eustache Jnr, Lashana Lynch, Shvorne Marks and Meera Syal.
It runs in the Royal Court Jerwood Theatre Upstairs from Tuesday 28 February 2017 to Saturday 1 April 2017 and sees tucker green return to the theatre where her play hang was such a great success in 2015.
The Young Vic announced a set of new shows (plus the return of the hugely successful Yerma) for 2017, the highlights of which are:
• Joe Wright directs Brecht's Life of Galileo with Brendan Cowell in the title role
• Billie Piper returns to her role in Simon Stone’s Yerma
• Juliet Stevenson reunites with director Natalie Abrahami in the London premiere of Arthur Kopit’s Wings
• London premiere for Ramin Gray and David Grieg’s acclaimed production The Suppliant Women featuring a chorus of Waterloo residents
• In the Maria, two poetic personal stories Taha and Nina - a story about me and Nina Simone, and Edinburgh Festival hit How To Win Against History
London Boys Ballet School (LBBS) has announced the appointment of their new school Ambassador, Wayne Sleep OBE. Since LBBS launched in 2014, the school has seen unprecedented growth to become one of the premier schools for boys’ dance training in London.
The school, which boasts a 100% examination pass rate, offers pupils the opportunity to both perform within London theatres and to study internationally recognised examinations set by the prestigious Royal Academy of Dance. Currently looking to increase its teaching faculty and teaching locations, LBBS have also recently appointed ex-Royal Ballet dancer and Boston Ballet soloist, Andrew Ward as Artistic Advisor.