Review: The Comedy About A Bank Robbery, Criterion

If I want to have a good laugh, I'd listen to this



or watch this


or listen to this


and Jennifer Garner's laugh at 1.30 is my happy place


If I want to have a good laugh, I would not go back to The Comedy About A Bank Robbery, for it really wasn't my cup of tea, at all. My first experience of the inordinately successful Mischief Theatre Company but one which I reacted viscerally to, knowing pretty early that it wasn't for me as it took a gag, repeated it, and then again, and then again, flogging it to death like Louise Mensch and someone, anyone, speaking common sense. How people manage more than 20 minutes of it, I don't know. But that's the beauty of comedy (and theatre), one man's Airplane is another man's [insert pretty much any Adam Sandler film]. 

Hell, I can't even make it through Ed Balls and Katya Jones's Gangnam Style dance with giggling helplessly


Running time: 2 hours 20 minutes (with interval)
Booking until 29th October 2017

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,