Saturday afternoon music treats

Muna and the Burkas - Sexy Burka (from The Infidel)
One of the songs from one of my favourite new musicals of the year.

Gary Wilmot + Bonnie Langford - How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Love You When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life (from Royal Wedding)
This pair have recently been reunited in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (which I’ll have to revisit now) but this is a great indication of their old school charm and chemistry which hopefully still remains.

Sheridan Smith – You’re My World 
Still not quite managed to get round to Cilla yet, but here’s another of her iconic numbers recorded by Sheridan Smith.

Charlotte Wakefield + Killian Donnelly – Kingdom of your Own (from Paradise Lost the musical)
Kickstarter has opened up a whole new world of crowdfunding opportunities and allowing people to support projects that interest them – one that caught my eye was Lee Ormsby and Jonathan Wakeham’s campaign to get a soundtrack of their new musical Paradise Lost made and so I pledged. And one of the rewards, before the actual soundtrack is released, was the full version of ‘Kingdom of your Own’, a snippet of which can be heard at the end of this clip and it is just beautiful. Charlotte Wakefield and Killian Donnelly sound great together, though it is a shame he’s had to leave the project (though Ricardo Afonso promises to be a great replacement). 

Luke Jasztal – Higher and Higher
Jasztal caught my eye in a version of Three Sisters recently (or rather his wearing grey sweatpants did…) and a swift google revealed he’s a singer too. Look.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,